New Year 2013


NEW YEAR, NEW DESTINATION
From Yangon with love

My trip to Myanmar is so much of adventure. I learned more about new culture, trying different local dishes which I have no idea what it was but it was good(If possible I avoid food that cooks with pork, unless if I didn't knew what kind of ingredients they use!). I went to some remote village, become a temporary English teacher in a monastery that provides FREE language classes with some language expertice from local Myanmar people.

My English class students are all adults, from the young age of 18 years till 36 years old. Some of them are students from local universities and some working in goverment sector and private agencies. They are totally shy but eager to learn. We then become good friends instantly. It's sad to leave them but I've promised them that I will return to Yangon as soon as possible.

Back in town, Kuala Lumpur

I left Yangon on 30th December 2012. Arrived Kuala Lumpur late night.

I went straight to work on 31st December 2012, with my post travel mood. I would admit that I was a bit exhausted from travelling but I was thrill to celebrate the end of year 2012 with my Couchsurfing friends (which I knew some of them and some just other random traveller who came to Malaysia as a travel hub before they leave to their on going destination).

https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/places/kuala-lumpur-federal-territory-of-kuala-lumpur-malaysia

I didn't go back home definitely as I have an early flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Instead, I stayed in a guesthouse in Chinatown called Le Village Guesthouse
.
The dorm rate is MYR15 (USD5) per night. I really recommend that if you want to book the room in Le Village, you can try to book it from www.hostelworld.com. This gueshouse is near to the train station, Pasar Seni LRT Station and 20 minutes walk to KL Sentral Station and less then 10 minutes walk to Pudu Sentral where you can buy the bus ticket to Northern Malaysia (Perlis, Penang,Kedah and Ipoh).

Back in the office

' Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life' -
Confucious

I checked out from the guesthouse early in the morning and leave for my office along with my big backpack. As I reached at the entrance of my office, the security guard at the door, just smiled and looked at my big backpack. I thinked that he thought I was like a lost traveller wandering.I just smiled at him and flashed out my work pass.

The office was empty. I could clearly hear if a pin dropped on the floor. Silence.
The cubicles were like the 'Great Wall of China', so high that no one could see me from the other side. I on my laptop and start to check on my long queue of incoming e-mails.To be honest, I was a bit bored. Alone in the office.

My mind wandering,'What if I extend my holiday in Myanmar? Wouldn't it be awesome?'.

Time passed slowly and all I knew that it was time for me to get my backpack and start to walk out of the office. It's New Year's eve for god sake! I leave my big backpack at a friend's place. He is a Couchsurfer too!Both of us went to the party organised by the legendary Roswan.

First meeting point; infront of Concorde Hotel. It was a theme party. I had my floral blue dress on minus the make up. Well, I am a traveller. I do not need to have more chemicals on my face. I go au naturale!

Surprisingly, there were many of us (80 people showed up!) that the security asked us to leave the venue. We moved from one place to another as there were too many of us and finally, we decided to go to KLCC,Twin Tower park with a box of drinks and some finger foods. For me, what is important is that we celebrate the New Year with a bunch of cool people.

It was a hot night. We were sweating and drenched with our own sweat. It was 2 seconds before the countdown. We saw spectacular fireworks! It lasted for few minutes!



New Year 2013 - Resolutions
  • I wish that I could go minimum to travel to one country per month started with my Cambodia trip on 1st Jan 2013.
  • Hoping for good life, good health and spending more time with my family.
  • To be happy for me,my friends and family.
What's your New Year resolutions??

The unfortunate event

We were so happy that Mayan Calender is WRONG!

Unfortunately, we received some unfortunate news later that night. One of my friend were mistakenly being beaten up by a group of local guys that were obviously were drunken infront of the Twin Tower!There were many by standers there watchin the brawl.

His  intention was good actually. He tried to help one of the English guy but instead he got the blow on his eyes and I heard that he fainted. I saw an ambulance passed by and didn't even occured in my mind he was in the ambulance.

As a friend, I did send him sms, hoping that he is okay.
It was time for me to get my backpack and leave for KL Sentral.

Taxi,Taxi,Taxi

ME:Do you use meter??
TD:No
ME:How much from here(Infront of Pasar Seni LRT) to KL Sentral?
TD:MYR30
ME:What??!!!!
TD:It's New Year's Eve..
ME: (Disappointed and angry)
TD:You asked around laaa, same what..!
ME:That's okay.I'd rather walk with dignity rather than taking advantage on
      other people.
      Good Night!!...

*TD - Taxi Driver

This is what I feel about Malaysian Taxi Driver.What's the purposed of them sticking the 'No haggling' sticker on the taxi door. What's worst is they over charged you for places that is just 5 minutes drive!

I feel ashamed, angry and disappointed if this is the attitude of Malaysian Taxi Driver. Noted that because one person did this, those honest taxi driver's reputation tarnished.

I recommended that if anyone wants to ride a taxi, first off all they have to ask the taxi driver if they use meter. If they don't, just walk away.Let them know that what they did is wrong. The more we support them, they will always continue the same thing. Taking advantage of other people, especially tourist.

That night I walked to KL Sentral. It took me nearly 20 minutes to reach the bus station. I still remember my friend, Pieter, offered to pay my taxi ride to KL Sentral. I explained to him that this is not about the money but merely, I have my own stand. No bullies.

*Taxi with meter from Pasar Seni to KL Sentral after midnight cost around RM6 only.

Another year, another destination

I took the red Sky Bus from KL Sentral to LCCT Terminal.The bus fare cost me MYR10 per way and it was the first bus for the day. I reached the LCCT Terminal an hour later, around 4.30am.

Sleepless night

I had the chance to have my nap in the bus. I was totally exhausted by the time I arrived LCCT. I went to the coffee shop for a cup of coffee to make sure that I don't fell asleep and missed my flight. The check-in gate were open and I checked-in before waiting for my flight at the boarding area.

Next destination: Phnom Penh, The Kingdom of CAMBODIA!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment