The End of Great Journey: RIP Taylor Booth


"If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again" - Unknown quotes

It was a shocking news for me and my friend, Khun Toom when one of our friend that he hosted for the past 3 years ago died suddenly in an accident. His name is Taylor Booth. He was living with his mom at Toom's place when he was in Bangkok.

Taylor is a friendly guy, never fail to smile to anyone and everyone that he met.
He's an avid traveller.No wonder a lot of people loves him,remembers him including me.

He was in Tsjaad(Chad) when the unfortunate event happened. He was hit by a truck was being hospitalised for two days but unfortunately, God loves him more.

This is what he wrote in his Couchsurfing profile:

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet
And whither then? I cannot say..." - Taylor Booth @ xNOTHINGxHELDxBACKx

This is what he wrote of his profile....
"Hello. My name is Taylor - and I am a nomad.

Somewhere along the way in life I gave up a sedentary lifestyle and hit
the road, always moving somewhere new, seeking new experiences.

I can't explain exactly what makes me move...except to say that I have
this wanderlust inside of me that drives me on, to feel the earth spin
beneath my feet, to wake up and see a new horizon, feel a fresh breeze
against my face....to be a stranger in a strange land.

Please dont ask me when I am going to stop travelling, I will stop when its time to stop. I wont know until I get there.

Hope to see you somewhere along the way"
Eventhough I hardly knew you, reading the post people leave for you and how you become their inspiration inspired me as well.Such a great lost for Couchsurfing community but you will always be with us eventhough you are no longer here..

Here is some link from Couchsurfing on Taylor.
https://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=12&post=14243312
Rural Couchsurfing


Rest in Peace my friend......

 

2 comments:

  1. hello elly,
    i am peter, taylor's father. thank-you so much for your kind words about my son. as you may be able to imagine, the loss is huge. we are having a service at the family home on vancouver island on 11th may. if you wish to tell me about how you knew taylor, you can email me at dpbooth@gmail.com
    regards, peter booth

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P. Taylor Booth since I have met you and your mom while i pick you up at bus stop. It made me start to read a new book . every moment i remember as well while your stay. I always think how to push you to go shower with soap. but it impossible for him.:) Taylor left Trip Photos back up on my computer. and some stuff as he still here. He always in my memories.Me and my gousts learn many thing from him.learn how to be freedom to behave and how to treat peoples around.I am so pround for his Parent and his family. I got inspiration to continue to host people. and i still do it. Love you my friend Taylor

    ReplyDelete