India:A journey - Amber .....

Amber,Jaipur - The first time I set my foot on Jaipur Railway Station..and by looking at all the Rajasthani people with colorful traditional costumes and dresses really mesmerize me and I knew that I'll be spending a long time residing there.I was so happy that the decision that I made by coming to India is the right decision after all.And me,meeting good people on the way from Mumbai to Jaipur was a good experience for me at that time.Furthermore the railway station in Jaipur is much better and cleaner then the ones in Bandra, no offence ya!I was supposed to meet my travelling partner,Maja the same day I arrived.Thanks god that Afzal was so kind enough to stay with me for awhile while waiting for Maja to come.He really doesn't want me to be alone in a strange place.We had chai which was on him when Maja showed up with my host in Amber,Rahul.They came by motorbike.I was wondering how can I go to his house with my big bag and three people on a bike??Then I was being told thatI have to go to his place by auto rickshaw on my own.What a welcome!He reassured me that I'll be alright and asked the auto guy to send me straight to the house.The cost of auto rickshaw from the railway station to his house in Amber is Rs150(Price after bargained!!! - You can bargain a lot if you knew how...and if you have the skill ya!).I got off the rickshaw after saying goodbye to Afzal..and hoping someday we'll meet again(Which we didn't)..
First time in Jaipur city,it was dusty..lots of motorbikes,auto rickshaws,rickshaws,bicycles and peoples too!!Wow...and I guessed I passed by the Pink city before realizing that there was a palace in the middle of the lake which the local called it LAKE PALACE .The lake palace is just opposite of Trident Hotel.It was a superb view and I really loved it.There's also some camels and horses on the roadside for the tourists to have a good view while riding on them.There were also some tourists buses near the road side.I've noticed that they have a lot of hotels there as wel beside Trident such as Holiday Inn..Good accomodation for those who wants comfort holiday..but not for me!Not to adventurous!...Then we went pass the JAIHALGARGH FORT enterence before we passed through AMBER PALACE & FORT that is on the right side of the road.Really stunning view and a beautiful palace as well!!I'm not going to regret my trip...for sure!
Few minutes away from the palace is my manzil means destination.I was being welcomed by Rahul's mum and their dog..Jimmy!.She's so sweet..She showed me my room which I'll be staying and let me get some freshing up before I had another chai.I had my cold shower while waiting for Maja and Rahul to come back.It's not that hard to go to his house as it is near to the elephant place(half build building with elephants on the G level) which he called 'Elephant Farm'.I can smelled the strong elephant urine and poops as well...At this point,I'm a bit scarred of animal I might say..and now even elephant??I think I must gone mad by saying 'yes' to stay and play with the elephants!!!They are really huge animal!!I'm really scared!
I was thinking this is the opportunity for me to get up-close with the BIG mammal on land...once in a life time?Or maybe that I would overcome my fear of elephant as well...who knows...The adventures continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment