India - A journey:Mumbai the First day

India - The land of beautiful landscapes,cultures,religions,architecture,historical monuments and colorful traditions....and not to mention.. beautiful peoples..There's no doubt that India is an Incredible country...I must say that it wasn't my first choice of place to visit at first.I admit that I had a few negative thoughts of what I will be experiencing in India since it will be my first visit to a very strange unknown land!And furthermore I am a girl and I'm travelling alone!!But all the negative thoughts that I had before this were wrong!Indian people are so warm and friendly people.It really make me feel like back at home..and that really make me so happy and being positive throughout all the journey that rest ahead.But as a single traveller,I still make sure that I wore an appropriate attire..surely modest and cover the shoulder and my knees.I don't want to attract any attention there...for sure!
My journey to India starts in Oct 18 2010,the day I arrived in Mumbai.Since in the flight I've been counting the time when I'll be landing at the Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport.I couldn't really sleep knowing that the place will be landed anytime.So I decided to watch the Bollywood movie called 'My Name is Khan'.It was a really good movie and what makes it more better is that I had chosen to eat really good Mutton Biryani...Thanks Singapore Airline.It was worth it..WELCOME TO MUMBAI......
I didn't expect much about the airport but it is not as bad as being mentioned by a few traveler that I knew.Not really bad smells...but lots of tight security..really,really tight security everywhere.I was so excited but at the same time I was afraid that I might get lost over there!!!It was late night when I arrived and I still have no clue where is the public phone.So I decided to wander around and finally found the IDD/STD booth.Thanks to Maja for giving me some number to call..and thanks to Dev and Gaurav for your hospitality and accepting a total stranger staying your house for less then 24hrs and helping me do the train reservation to Jaipur.A million thanks to both of you.You are the best!!
I have never thought before that they really still using the old cab..just like in the bollywood movie!I have the opportunity to hop in to one of this small black cab!!so cute...hahah.Even the cab driver is so friendly enough to lend me his mobile to call Dev that night..to make sure that I'm at the right place and he's being aware of it...














No comments:

Post a Comment