The beginning - Eurotrip 2014

I haven't been updating my blog since I have a job with an odd working hours. Since then, I focused more on work and getting more money for my next travel destination. And that destination is Europe. Where, why, when and how?? These were questions I had in my head. I've always been asked, how I could travel for a long time. For those who wants to know, I took a job that offers me a 6 months contract only. Although in my case, I have been offered to continue my tenure but I have to turn down the offer.

I have had the idea of travelling to Europe since 3 years ago, that is after Alex passed away. There's always a distraction or my plan back fired on or some other excuses that made me still stay in Kuala Lumpur. Not that I don't like Kuala Lumpur but my urged to travel is long awaited,This year, I make sure that I go for my trip.

My Budget
Pocket money including transportation, accommodation and food : EURO 650 @ EURO11 per day
No of days spend in Europe : 56 days (minus travelling day)
Flight tickets * : 1) KUL-HAN-FRA  - EURO250
                      2) OSL-BKK  - EURO245 (Why until Bangkok??I am going for hitchhiking till KL!!
* Tips: To get a cheaper flight, sometimes you'll have to compare with other airlines for it's return tickets. If
            not, the best is to look for a single journey ticket. Before you book the airlines, make sure you read
            the baggage allowance and also the diameter allowed by the airlines. Just to make sure you're not
            going to be over the baggage allowances. Certain airlines are pretty strict about this rule.
            Paying the additional baggage allowance on the counter is really expensive! Weigh the bag before
            you go to the airport or after packing your baggage.

Total budget for my Eurotrip is EURO1,145 or MYR5072.



What to pack and bring to Europe?
1. Always look at the weather forecast before leaving.
2. At least bring 1 sweater, 1 long jeans, 1 long shirts (who knows if the weather forecast says summer but
    it still feels like spring!)
3. Pack some light weight clothing and including the light weight towel.
4. Bring at least a shoe and a slipper and not forgetting the sunglasses!
5. In case, bring along an umbrella. The weather in Europe during summer is unpredictable!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment