Thailand: Songkran for the week


It's been almost a year that I didn't even posted anything in my blog.So many things happened in my life..since I have no longer working and spending most of my time in the house, with my family and ever since I've met a friend whom now become my close friend, Johannes and also Joseph.
I would like to share my journey to Bangkok for Songkran where I met a lot of new friends along the way and the day I say 'Goodbye' to Johannes and Joseph in Bangkok.

The plan
My friend, Nick and I have been planning to meet up for Songkran in Bangkok as this is the first time we will be joining to an event as big as CS Songkran Boot camp. The organizers for this boot camp comprises of people from Singapore,Malaysia and Thailand. They have put their best afford to make sure that this event will be a successful event starting from the place of meet up and the accommodation.

I have thought that I would go to Bangkok via plane but that idea seems to be so luxury travel. I sorted out and I finally I bought two train tickets to Bangkok via Butterworth since there is no direct train going to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur. I bought the lower berth at MYR110 per person for a 20 hours train journey (minus the time train stopped for immigration check point!).

Nick and I decided that we go to Butterworth on the 11th March at night as we can easily catch the train just on time. We took the late night bus at 12am operated by Transnasional. The bus was comfy and there were less traffic at night. This is the first time Nick travelling abroad with his backpack. I was like a mentor for him. We actually reached Butterworth bus station at 4.30am. It was cold and less people in the bus station and plus, we were a bit sleepy.My knees are like wood. It is really hard to move it once you sat on one place and not moving at all! Going down the stairs is painful. We finally decided to look for food. Luckily there's a restaurant that is open on that hour. From far, we could hear they were playing some 'Dangdut' song. Gosh!
We finished up our food and try to queue to the ferry ticket counter which opens at 6.30am. The ferry ride were smooth and we reached to the island less than 20minutes. It was still early in the island as the shops are still closed. The only restaurant that opens are the kopitiam just opposite Ananda Bhavan at Little India. The restaurant that we had breakfast was a few shops away. Eventhough we had our food earlier at Butterworth, we still have the space for Teh Tarik and some Roti Canai.

We made new friends throughout the journey from Butterworth to Bangkok. The train did make a stop at Hatyai Junction, where some passenger aboard the train. We were so exhausted and went to bed quite early.
I was lucky as my friend Meow Meow waited for me at Hualamphong station. She has to wait for me for an hour as our train arrived later than expected. I could expect that there's a lot of people with water guns on their hand and eyeing on you for their next victim!.. Well,I'm all prepared! I can't wait to see Johannes and Joseph at the guesthouse. We were sharing rooms as most of the places are fully booked plus, the Songkran Bootcamp Event 'HQ' is at the same place.The moment I saw them, I knew that we are going to have some fun soaking in water for hours!! The rest of the days in Bangkok are history. Some of us catch a cold because of the water. Nevertheless, we are so lucky to have Couchsurfing friends from Bangkok who are really friendly and accommodating. Thanks to all the committee and organiser of the event!


I cried the last day that I have to leave Bangkok. Too many memories and fun time here in Bangkok and sad to leave people that I knew for few days. Perhaps, we shall see each other soon!

SONGKRAN 2014, Chiang Mai.. Here I come!!!....





No comments:

Post a Comment