Visit to Neighbouring Countries ~ Singapore and Thailand (Part 3)

Thailand - Here I come!!

From Singapore to the Land of Elephants

To tell the truth, I could never imagine I'll be travelling again to Thailand and it's from Singapore!
I had made some promises to a friend that we'll be meeting up in Bangkok as he's at Chiangmai the day when I arrived in Bangkok. It's been nearly 34hrs I didn't really had a really good sleep, besides the 3hours sleep in Singapore during the pyjamas party. All off us are heading to the same place that is the airport. Most of them took a flight back to Kuala Lumpur except for Linsy as she wanted to cross over to Johor Bahru and go to Tioman Island the next day and off course for me too as I'll be going to Bangkok. Another stamp on my renew passport, yeay!

We woke up early and took taxis to the terminal. All off us definetely exhausted and sleepy but nevertherless, we had fun - the food and the booze (Still have a half of bottle still in Singapore!). I had a good big breakfast while waiting for boarding at 1055hrs from Changi International Airport, Terminal 1.I'm pretty sure that I'll be sleeping in the flight the whole journey to Bangkok!And yea, I did!!...It was a smooth flight..and a good sleep too...because it took me around 2hrs to reach Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok. We had to take the shuttle bus to go to the main building for customs check. It was a long queue there. I was standing for almost an hour. Just imagine, exhaustion and sleepy mode, and standing for almost an hour!Ohh...what a wait! But finally, they managed to controlled the queue.Once I've passed thru the security check, finally the first thing I want is a phone simcard. Not pretty sure if I can still use my old Phuket number. It's not that expensive.I saw that it is easy to go to the city via train. For the first time, I was impressived by the Thais on their transportation. Last year I came to Bangkok from Krabi by bus. I saw a lot of 'pharang' or Westerner while I was waiting for the train. Saw some hardcore backpackers and as well as the expatriate, people who basically works and lives in Bangkok. I managed to get a sit and rest my head on my bagpack, trying to get some nap before arrived at the last station. I was wearing my sunglasses, so that they won't really realise my panda eyes ~ sleepless night. A guy, 'pharang' ~ asked me if I was about to go off the station that he's going too, but I replied no, as my destination is on the last station'. It was nice off him to ask me, scared that I'm lost; perhaps!

I'm lucky to have a really good host in Bangkok eventhough his place is way out from the city centre, Nonthaburi. It's not that hard to look for his place the first time. The train is the easiest way to commute to his place eventhough you have to change from the blue line train to the BTS train. I was lucky to be there on Sunday, where my last train was at Mochit station. Nearby was the Jatujak (Chatuchak) Weekend market. They sell a lot off stuffs there from dresses to household items.Name it, they have it!There's a lot of people too but I was so exhausted that I decided to head over to my host's place in Nonthaburi. I managed to get a cab and the price is not as expensive as I thought!.

Met a few CSers that he hosted, a French guy (forget his name-only see him once), Ali (the Iranian guy) and Thom (the German dude who was supposed to be hosted by Yim) and me in the house.I was too hungry and in need of a really good cold shower. After I have refreshed myself, I left the house wandering on the neighbourhood and looking for food. I ended up buying the chicken wing, glutonous rice and I had the best desert - The coconut Ice Cream ~ really Thai authentic! It's hard to communicate to the local in English as they can't really understand it plus I have the face of Thai people too!..Not an advantage thou...But meeting up with my host and some CS in his house is the best experience I've ever had in Bangkok. That night, we went out to the market. I was starving and missing my Pad Thai for ages. Guessed what I had for dinner??Off Course, Pad Thai - by the river with a good company!The next few days, the guys ~ Ali and Thom plus myself have a good lunch, the best chicken rice and a spicy somtam for me. A really true Asian Girl - they must be wondering!..Then, Thom and I left for Khao San - meet up with Yim and Mr Brasil;Marcos Piani.

It took us an hour to reach Khao San - 2 busses that costs us only THB 25 considering the distances from my host's place. In the second bus, we didn't realized that we've been seating on the sit that was supposed to be reserve for monks. Only noticed it half way thru. I was freezing chill in the bus and so does Thom.Well, there's always first time for everything right? And that is why they call it as adventure. We had few drinks at the roadside of Khaosan Road, met new friends (drunken travellers., but loads off fun with them!!) and some catching up with Marcos.

There's a short notice for the CS meeting. They have change it from Wednesday to Tuesday as there'll be a Buddhist celebration on Wednesday and no alcohol will be served that day. I went earlier to see my agent near Ratchadapisek and get my train ticket that I've booked earlier for my journey back home. Too bad I had to leave Thai early. I knew that I will return to Thai soon, maybe for Songkran. I met Marcos again and we went to Pratunam, to see the electronic mall by Khlong( the canal boat) and cost me THB11 from the Victory Monument to Pratunam. A smooth sailing ride in the heart of Bangkok on a good day. I was practically tired during that trip as I had lots off shopping at Khaosan before meeting Marcos at Rambutri Soi.Can't believe I'm leaving the next day...and I'm already missing Bangkok!Thank you Khun Toom for your kindness and hospitality.I'll be visiting you soon!! 
Here some of my good times photos in Bangkok and the journey back to Malaysia via Butterworth (24hrs train ride, THB1020 -upper berth)


















No comments:

Post a Comment